Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Lisa

Default Geez! Tomato Hornworms

Hey all -- was gone for the weekend and went to take a look at the garden
yesterday (which up until this weekend was doing A-OK). Well, my beautiful
tomato plants were all branches and limbs. No leaves. No tomatoes. Got to
looking closely to see what the heck happened to my plants and there were
horrible green horned caterpillars. Looked them up and discovered they were
hornworms. Some of the biggest, fattest, ugliest caterpillars I have ever
seen. Peeled off and destroyed as many as we could find and then sprayed
herbicidal soap on what was left. Are my plants ruined? Am I done for the
season? Or will they come back and produce?

--
Lisa