GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tomatoes and white flies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/37432-tomatoes-white-flies.html)

kronos408 19-07-2003 08:33 AM

tomatoes and white flies

should i be concerned?

Pat Meadows 19-07-2003 01:02 PM

tomatoes and white flies

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 07:27:00 GMT, "kronos408"
wrote:

should i be concerned?

Hard to tell. You don't give any information about it,
really.

I've grown tomatoes for years and never had a white-fly
problem: this is outdoors though. Maybe they're a problem
in greenhouses?

Pat

Slofolk 19-07-2003 06:42 PM

tomatoes and white flies

I have a few on mine and the plant is very strong and healthy and
producing fruit,
so I just brush them off when I spot them and otherwise leave
them be. They are on some other plants as well. I sort of see
a few living things as a good sign that there is not a large
skull and crossbones looming large over my yard ;-),

I don't use insecticides or anything other than some organics,
and planted mine with basil this year. I just have a few, so
if yours is covered you might be more concerned than if there are
just a few here and there - beats the dreaded tomato worm!

FWIW, Sara
"kronos408" wrote in message
hlink.net...
: should i be concerned?
:
:

Repeating Decimal 19-07-2003 07:42 PM

tomatoes and white flies

in article , Pat Meadows at

wrote:

should i be concerned?

Hard to tell. You don't give any information about it,
really.

I've grown tomatoes for years and never had a white-fly
problem: this is outdoors though. Maybe they're a problem
in greenhouses?

Pat

I also have white flies on tomatoes in a greenhouse. The do not seem to be
much of a pest. What doe they purportedly do to tomatoes in a greenhouse?

Nevertheless, I did put up sticky traps. Fortunately, the get the white
flies more often than they get my hair.

Bill