Old 19-07-2003, 08:33 AM
kronos408

Default tomatoes and white flies

should i be concerned?

Old 19-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Pat Meadows

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 07:27:00 GMT, "kronos408"
wrote:

should i be concerned?

Hard to tell. You don't give any information about it,
really.

I've grown tomatoes for years and never had a white-fly
problem: this is outdoors though. Maybe they're a problem
in greenhouses?

Pat
Old 19-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Slofolk

I have a few on mine and the plant is very strong and healthy and
producing fruit,
so I just brush them off when I spot them and otherwise leave
them be. They are on some other plants as well. I sort of see
a few living things as a good sign that there is not a large
skull and crossbones looming large over my yard ;-),

I don't use insecticides or anything other than some organics,
and planted mine with basil this year. I just have a few, so
if yours is covered you might be more concerned than if there are
just a few here and there - beats the dreaded tomato worm!

FWIW, Sara
"kronos408" wrote in message
hlink.net...
: should i be concerned?
:
:

White flies and washing up liquid? David in Normandy[_8_] United Kingdom 5 11-09-2011 03:17 PM
White 'flies' on my tomatoes ajr United Kingdom 15 20-10-2003 02:12 PM
white flies on tomatoes abe and sally Gardening 3 01-09-2003 01:02 PM
White flies Howie Gardening 1 26-06-2003 12:44 AM
White flies in soil and on citrus Snooze Gardening 1 25-01-2003 02:02 PM