GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Zucchini dying (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/38989-zucchini-dying.html)

templar 01-08-2003 05:12 PM

Zucchini dying

I have a zucchini plant that keeps sprouting new leaves but the old
leaves turn yellow then dry up and die as fast as the new leaves
sprout so my plant is the same size all the time and never makes any
zucchini. I looked for worms burrowed in the sprouts but that doesnt
seem to be the problem. is it too much water? too little? not
enough sun? too much sun? not enough fertilizer?

any ideas?

John DeBoo 01-08-2003 07:22 PM

Zucchini dying

templar wrote:

I have a zucchini plant that keeps sprouting new leaves but the old
leaves turn yellow then dry up and die as fast as the new leaves
sprout so my plant is the same size all the time and never makes any
zucchini. I looked for worms burrowed in the sprouts but that doesnt
seem to be the problem. is it too much water? too little? not
enough sun? too much sun? not enough fertilizer?

any ideas?

Sounds like squash bugs to me, at least that how mine look if I
don't keep up the daily battle.

HomeGrownVegies 03-08-2003 01:32 AM

Zucchini dying

not enough water if you are having high heat temps and you need to fertilize
atleast once a month