GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   About the Dog (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/39860-about-dog.html)

ThisJobs4Me 09-08-2003 02:32 PM

About the Dog

Dogs are a pain for gardeners if for no other reason than just running through
them. Seems my cat can walk in the gardens all day and not bend over a single
plant but the dog can do alot of damage in just a few seconds. A single shot in
the but with a cheap BB gun or an air gun with only one or two pumps of air
will keep it out for a long time and wont bring the judge's wrath either.

Charlie 09-08-2003 02:32 PM

About the Dog

Simple solution. Build a fence and don't hurt the animals. Would you like
it if someone shot you?

Charlie.

Jan Flora 09-08-2003 02:32 PM

About the Dog

In article ,
(ThisJobs4Me) wrote:

Dogs are a pain for gardeners if for no other reason than just running through
them. Seems my cat can walk in the gardens all day and not bend over a single
plant but the dog can do alot of damage in just a few seconds. A single

shot in
the but with a cheap BB gun or an air gun with only one or two pumps of air
will keep it out for a long time and wont bring the judge's wrath either.

My dog keeps the moose out of the garden. I don't begrudge her the occasional
plant that she steps on. She's a bounder (a big Boxer) and normally clears the
garden in one leap. She _has_ learned that I don't holler or say bad words when
she walks on the garden paths though.

My cat leaves tootsie rolls, but only in the flower garden.

Now the mule who rolled in the middle of the freshly tilled garden got tied up!

Jan

Pat Meadows 09-08-2003 02:33 PM

About the Dog

On 08 Aug 2003 12:15:06 GMT,
(ThisJobs4Me) wrote:

Dogs are a pain for gardeners if for no other reason than just running through
them. Seems my cat can walk in the gardens all day and not bend over a single
plant but the dog can do alot of damage in just a few seconds. A single shot in
the but with a cheap BB gun or an air gun with only one or two pumps of air
will keep it out for a long time and wont bring the judge's wrath either.

_____________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do not |
/ O O\__ | feed the |
/ \ | Trolls |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Jan Flora 09-08-2003 02:33 PM

About the Dog

In article , Pat Meadows
wrote:

On 08 Aug 2003 12:15:06 GMT,
(ThisJobs4Me) wrote:

Dogs are a pain for gardeners if for no other reason than just running

through
[...]

_____________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do not |
/ O O\__ | feed the |
/ \ | Trolls |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

Oops. I didn't know...

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not

Pat Meadows 09-08-2003 02:33 PM

About the Dog

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 06:32:35 -0800, (Jan
Flora) wrote:

Oops. I didn't know...

'S ok. I don't KNOW he's a troll either but my built-in
troll alarm was sounding.... beep beep beep .... pretty loud
and clear.

Pat

Larry Blanchard 11-08-2003 06:08 AM

About the Dog

In article ,
says...
Flora) wrote:

Oops. I didn't know...

'S ok. I don't KNOW he's a troll either but my built-in
troll alarm was sounding.... beep beep beep .... pretty loud
and clear.

Pat

OK, I won't. But I just got back fropm vacation and was mightily tempted
to point out to "Charlie" that when I was young, rock salt in a 12 gauge
was used on dogs and vandals with equal ease (and results).

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Christopher Norton 11-08-2003 07:42 AM

About the Dog

The message
from Pat Meadows contains these words:

_____________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please do not |
/ O O\__ | feed the |
/ \ | Trolls |
/ \ \|_____________________|
/ _ \ \ ||
/ |\____\ \ ||
/ | | | |\____/ ||
/ \|_|_|/ | _||
/ / \ |____| ||
/ | | | --|
| | | |____ --|
* _ | |_|_|_| | \-/
*-- _--\ _ \ | ||
/ _ \\ | / `
* / \_ /- | | |
* ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

So good I`m going to save it!

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use

Pat Meadows 11-08-2003 03:03 PM

About the Dog

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:06:17 +0100, Christopher Norton
wrote:

The message
from Pat Meadows contains these words:

So good I`m going to save it!

Be my guest!

I, of course, stole it from someone else, who probably stole
it from someone else....and it's turtles all the way down!

Pat

rosie readandpost 11-08-2003 05:02 PM

About the Dog

oh, i must borrow this?
may i use it?

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

Instead of seeing things as imagined, learn to see them as they are. When you can see everything as it is, you will also
see
yourself as you are.
......................Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Pat Meadows 11-08-2003 06:32 PM

About the Dog

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:49:40 GMT, "rosie readandpost"
wrote:

oh, i must borrow this?
may i use it?

Sure, why not? I 'borrowed' it from someone.... More
warriors in The Good Fight (against trolls and spammers) are
always welcome.

I note that the message can be changed to say something
about spammers, when appropriate...

Pat

Andrew McMichael 12-08-2003 03:04 PM

About the Dog

ThisJobs4Me wrote:

Dogs are a pain for gardeners if for no other reason than just running through
them. Seems my cat can walk in the gardens all day and not bend over a single
plant but the dog can do alot of damage in just a few seconds. A single shot in
the but with a cheap BB gun or an air gun with only one or two pumps of air
will keep it out for a long time and wont bring the judge's wrath either.

Despite the troll accusation, this is actually what I did the first coupla
times I saw it. It worked for a while. Now the dog is back and the BB gun is
broken. I've decided that I'm just going to rope the dog, take it back, and
tie it to their front porch. Hopefully that'll send the message.

Andrew