Old 08-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Repeating Decimal

Default Tomato worm

I have a hydroponic grower in front of my garage sitting on concrete. Today,
I looked around there, and I see droppings of tomato horn worm. It surprised
me because I go by there every day, and today was the first time I spotted
it. Sitting on concrete, the droppings were very conspicuous.

I started to search, and as usual, it was difficult to spot. I happened to
spot it end on. I thought it was a thick shoot and investigated it more
closely. It was about the size of my entire ring finger.

How can they grow so fast? I once spotted one that had the diameter of a
wood pencil. That is the smallest I had ever seen them.

Bill

Old 08-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 06:28:39 GMT, Repeating Decimal
wrote:

How can they grow so fast? I once spotted one that had the diameter of a
wood pencil. That is the smallest I had ever seen them.

They are related to either zucchini or pigeons, both of which very
carefully hide their young until they are are of fully adult (or
greater) size.