Old 17-09-2003, 01:22 AM
Bill

Default Harvest Time

Well, the persimmons are about ready to pick... the scrub jays have
shown up.

Bill
Old 17-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Bill said:

Well, the persimmons are about ready to pick... the scrub jays have
shown up.

Sweet corn harvest is over. We ate the last ears on Monday.

Raspberry harvest continues...the main competition being the ants and the
yellowjackets. For some reason, the birds don't go after the raspberries.
(Maybe they were spoiled by all those sweet purple mulberries earlier in
the summer?)

Next year I have to root out the 'unknown' variety of raspberry and replace
it with more 'Polish; -- the 'unknown' may ripen first in the summer, but
ripens too late in the fall to be reliable. 'Polish' is earlier, on better-behaved
canes.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)