GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   wild blueberry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/493-wild-blueberry.html)

joe mccrary 06-02-2003 07:02 PM

wild blueberry

I live in panhandle of florida. I live on thirty acre of land . I have
between 1500 to 2000 wild blueberry. I have trouble picking them alot
fall to the ground. I first thought of sheet under them but i have dogs.
can any one give me ideas any good way of picking my blueberry. I also
need good way to sell once i have pick them. thank you aleta mccrary

bob 06-02-2003 09:02 PM

wild blueberry

(joe mccrary) wrote in news:20908-3E42B12D-192
@storefull-2335.public.lawson.webtv.net:

I live in panhandle of florida. I live on thirty acre of land . I have
between 1500 to 2000 wild blueberry. I have trouble picking them alot
fall to the ground. I first thought of sheet under them but i have dogs.
can any one give me ideas any good way of picking my blueberry. I also
need good way to sell once i have pick them. thank you aleta mccrary

Sounds perfect for "U Pick". Let others do the hard work and pay you for
the priveledge.

bob
zone7

Polar 07-02-2003 12:06 AM

wild blueberry

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:02:05 -0600 (CST), (joe
mccrary) wrote:

I live in panhandle of florida. I live on thirty acre of land . I have
between 1500 to 2000 wild blueberry. I have trouble picking them alot
fall to the ground. I first thought of sheet under them but i have dogs.
can any one give me ideas any good way of picking my blueberry. I also
need good way to sell once i have pick them. thank you aleta mccrary

Hire school kids to come in & pick.

Set up a roadside stand to sell.

Or get a booth at a farmers' market.

(Or send me a plane ticket and I'll pick 'em all!
Me blueberry freak, big-time! g)

--
Polar

Bob 07-02-2003 07:12 AM

wild blueberry

I once had the opoportunity to use a picker for huckleberries which was a
cup with a handle like a coffee mug, with long comb "teeth" which stripped
the berries from the branch by raking the comb through the branches. The
berries dropped into the cup.

Bob

Cricket 08-02-2003 02:28 AM

wild blueberry

Yea, you pick sounds just right. I recommend reading Booker T Watson's book
about You Pick farms for more info. I think it was called "How to make
$100,000 on ten acres"

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket

Alice Gamewell 08-02-2003 03:51 PM

wild blueberry

I have seen this picker sold at raintree nursery. Do a web search and you
will find it. This pick is also used for cranberries.

Lynne 08-02-2003 03:51 PM

wild blueberry

Yes, dogs will sheet under the bushes too. Have you searched for a place
that sells wild blueberry rakes?