GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Big Rainbow (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/53357-big-rainbow.html)

Joseph A. Zupko 23-02-2004 04:43 AM

Big Rainbow

Has anyone grown this tomato?
Is it a good tasting ?

FarmerDill 23-02-2004 05:24 PM

Big Rainbow

Has anyone grown this tomato?
Is it a good tasting ?

It about the most reliable of the bi-color tomatoes. Taste is good, but Not
exceptional in my opinion.

Pen 23-02-2004 11:22 PM

Big Rainbow

Mine were producing late last year so I only got 1 ripe tomato. All
garden tomatoes taste the same to me: smooth textured and sweet.
Gorgeous colours though.

Pen 23-02-2004 11:39 PM

Big Rainbow

The Watcher 24-02-2004 06:32 PM

Big Rainbow

On 23 Feb 2004 14:45:05 -0800, (Pen) wrote:

Mine were producing late last year so I only got 1 ripe tomato. All
garden tomatoes taste the same to me: smooth textured and sweet.
Gorgeous colours though.

Have you tried Black Krim? It's the best tasting variety I've tasted.

Mr. Greenleaf 25-02-2004 06:46 PM

Big Rainbow

I love that tomato, of course I love all tomatoes. But it is a very nice
looking tomato, big size. Some might call it a little plain tasting, but
goes great on a Ham, Cheese, Lettuce and Big Rainbow sandwich :-)

.com...

Pen 28-02-2004 02:03 AM

Big Rainbow

Sounds good, it's now on my order form! :)

Janice 29-02-2004 02:42 AM

Big Rainbow

On 27 Feb 2004 17:52:29 -0800, (Pen) wrote:

Sounds good, it's now on my order form! :)

(The Watcher) wrote in message ...
On 23 Feb 2004 14:45:05 -0800,
(Pen) wrote:

Have you tried Black Krim? It's the best tasting variety I've tasted.

I had one here, they're particularly susceptible to anthracnose at
least the one I had. It's in my soil, or the air, and some varieties
can fend it off, some can't.

Janice

Pen 29-02-2004 11:17 PM

Big Rainbow

D'OH! That's okay, I have a 15gal pot on the porch. Very curoius
what the 'maters will look like.