Old 08-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Erin

Default Ramapo Tomato Seeds...please!?!?!

Ive been searching for hours trying to find an heirloom group out
there that might carry these seeds for sale.

My husbands grandmother has just moved to a living community that has
garden plots. I am trying to help her adjust and get involved (and
stay ACTIVE!!!). She always speaks of Ramapo tomatoes when I discuss
my garden plans with her so as to be able to grow what she wants.

I would like to grow a plant or two for her to watch at her home, but
cannot find a seed!

I would be more than willing to exchange for some family zinnia seeds,
some asian pepper seeds that Ive collected and propogated on my
travels or otherwise barter for these seeds. I would even return
seeds after I grow a crop as well no problem.

Does ANYONE have a resource for these seeds? Can anyone spare 5-10
seeds from their own collection for me?

Any help would be great as the time to start seeds indoors up here in
MN is about upon me!

Thanks so much!

Erin
Old 17-06-2004, 05:02 PM
news.verizon.net

Ramapo is an old Hybrid tomato I believe out of production. Some on
GardenWeb are planning or trying to dehybridize it. So you won't have much
luck finding seeds, unless somebody has an old original packet of F1 seeds
lying around. The seeds on GardenWeb are F2 seeds saved from hybrid tomatoes
so won't be true to type but will be used to either create an open
pollinated version or to extract one of the parents.

Mark

om...