GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Southern Night Tomato (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/58739-southern-night-tomato.html)

Tricia 12-04-2004 07:07 PM

Southern Night Tomato

Greetings, Gardening People!

For several years I grew a variety of tomato called Southern Night.
It's a medium-to-large indeterminate Russian variety AND it's just
about the ugliest tomato you will ever see. It cat-faces and has a
funny shape, but it's one of the yummiest tomatoes I've ever grown.
It has a high acid content and is good fresh or canned. The seed used
to be sold through Totally Tomatoes but it's not in the catalog
anymore. I suspect they still sell it under another name. Is anyone
here familiar with this variety?

Yes, I know I should contact Totally Tomatoes, but I wanted to pose
the question here because of the wealth of tomato info between
everyone.

Thanks!

Tricia in Atlanta

dkra 13-04-2004 03:33 AM

Southern Night Tomato

x-no-archive: yes

In article ,
(Tricia) wrote:

Greetings, Gardening People!

For several years I grew a variety of tomato called Southern Night.
It's a medium-to-large indeterminate Russian variety AND it's just
about the ugliest tomato you will ever see. It cat-faces and has a
funny shape, but it's one of the yummiest tomatoes I've ever grown.
It has a high acid content and is good fresh or canned. The seed used
to be sold through Totally Tomatoes but it's not in the catalog
anymore. I suspect they still sell it under another name. Is anyone
here familiar with this variety?

snip

Southern Night is sold at Tomato Growers Supply Company:

http://www.tomatogrowers.com/black.htm

(scroll down to the bottom of this page)

-- dkra