Old 28-04-2004, 09:04 PM
JRYezierski

Default vinegar herbicide,where to buy

Ok I have called/emailed lots of places looking for vinegar 10% or
20%acidity and have not been able to locate where to purchase.
Lowes only sells in Texas and my local Lowes will only carry if they can
open up shelve space to order it.
Tried the feed stores,organic stores etc.no success.
Folks who do have some or know the brand could you tell me what brand (maybe
an address also).I'm tired of using Roundup in my isles.
Thanks
Jerome

Old 29-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Pat Kiewicz

JRYezierski said:

Ok I have called/emailed lots of places looking for vinegar 10% or
20%acidity and have not been able to locate where to purchase.

Photographic supply places will carry acetic acid at a 28% concentration.
(You can dilute to 20%.)

Otherwise you might have to try a chemical supply company, which might
not sell to the general public and might sell only in huge quantities.

In neither case will these be labeled for use as herbicides, but should be
pure acetic acid and should works.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 01-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Mutti Pie

Have you tried using a standared vinigar mixed 50% with lemon juice? I
have used this on a sunny day on broad leaf plants (henbit) and it works
for me.