GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Safety of used pool filter sand (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/61166-safety-used-pool-filter-sand.html)

Banyon100 12-05-2004 07:06 PM

Safety of used pool filter sand

After buying a new swimming pool filter we have a lot of sand from
the old filter to get rid of. Is it okay to use in a garden and other
landscaping areas or is the sand too contaminated?

Thanks very much
Jeff Gahn

how 13-05-2004 06:04 AM

Safety of used pool filter sand

Hi,
Don't see a problem with the sand.
hth -_- how
to reply remember no NEWS is good

Beecrofter 15-05-2004 04:10 PM

Banyon100 wrote in message . ..
After buying a new swimming pool filter we have a lot of sand from
the old filter to get rid of. Is it okay to use in a garden and other
landscaping areas or is the sand too contaminated?

Thanks very much
Jeff Gahn

Add it to your compost pile a bit at a time. Good gizzard grit for the
worms.
Not my favorite type of sand for soil improvement , it seems too
smooth and rounded. I wouldn't sweat the chemicals, the quantities are
too low to consider.