Old 21-05-2004, 06:07 PM
zxcvbob

Default Hot peppers

Allan Matthews wrote:
I bought some hot pepper plants called "Tears of Fear". Green house
owner only knew they were very hot. Anybody know anything about
these? Thanks

I saw something like them in Parks seed catalog. From the description
and the picture, I'd guess they are like short stubby jalapenos, but
much hotter. About like a thick-walled hot cherry pepper, and twice as
hot as a serrano pepper.

Bob
Old 21-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Katra

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

Allan Matthews wrote:
I bought some hot pepper plants called "Tears of Fear". Green house
owner only knew they were very hot. Anybody know anything about
these? Thanks

I saw something like them in Parks seed catalog. From the description
and the picture, I'd guess they are like short stubby jalapenos, but
much hotter. About like a thick-walled hot cherry pepper, and twice as
hot as a serrano pepper.

Bob

Could they be.... Habanero???

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 21-05-2004, 06:09 PM
zxcvbob

Katra wrote:

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

Allan Matthews wrote:

I bought some hot pepper plants called "Tears of Fear". Green house
owner only knew they were very hot. Anybody know anything about
these? Thanks

I saw something like them in Parks seed catalog. From the description
and the picture, I'd guess they are like short stubby jalapenos, but
much hotter. About like a thick-walled hot cherry pepper, and twice as
hot as a serrano pepper.

Bob

Could they be.... Habanero???

K.

They looked like jalapenos, and I don't remember if the Scoville rating
was 10000 or 25000, but habanero-type hot peppers are usually 100000+
Scovilles.

Bob
Old 21-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

In our last fun filled episode, Thu, 20 May 2004 20:17:59 -0400,
Allan Matthews proclaimed:

I bought some hot pepper plants called "Tears of Fear". Green house
owner only knew they were very hot. Anybody know anything about
these? Thanks

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/s...Category=28001

From Park Seed:

The Name Says it All!
Thick-fleshed fruits mature from green to chocolate to red!

65 days. Though not nearly as hot as a Habanero, Tears of Fire
will earn its name with the first bite! The heat has been
measured at well above 30,000 Scovilles!

Vigorous plants are very heavy-yielding, giving you a terrific
harvest of thick-fleshed fruits. As the peppers ripen, they pass
from green to chocolate-brown to red, with all colors present at
once for a spectacular ornamental display!

hth

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
Peppers inside peppers Chris Dutton Gardening 2 28-02-2006 05:19 PM
Help! Too many hot banana peppers! Bpyboy Edible Gardening 4 27-07-2003 12:22 AM
Hot weather tomatoes & bell peppers ? Gene S Texas 17 15-04-2003 03:45 PM