GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bobcat urine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/64682-bobcat-urine.html)

James 15-06-2004 10:04 PM

Bobcat urine

I was looking into using it to get rid of voles and mice. However at
over $100 a gallon, I think I'll just use mouse traps.

Anyone have experience with rat poison in the garden? Do they get rid
of other small animals?

belly 17-06-2004 03:06 AM

Bobcat urine

On 15 Jun 2004 13:56:36 -0700 in
,
(James) graced the world with this thought:

I was looking into using it to get rid of voles and mice. However at
over $100 a gallon, I think I'll just use mouse traps.

Anyone have experience with rat poison in the garden? Do they get rid
of other small animals?

what kind of small animals are we talking about here, specifically?
You could catch your own bobcat and force feed it water.

shazzbat 17-06-2004 01:02 PM

Bobcat urine

"James" wrote in message
om...
I was looking into using it to get rid of voles and mice. However at
over $100 a gallon, I think I'll just use mouse traps.

Call me naive, but I'd really like to know how one collects a gallon of
bobcat urine.

Steve

Steve 17-06-2004 06:02 PM

Bobcat urine

shazzbat wrote:

Call me naive, but I'd really like to know how one collects a gallon of
bobcat urine.

Steve

I've been wondering the same thing. I picture keeping the poor thing
in a small cage with a collection device under the cage. How many
caged bobcats would it take to sell the stuff by the gallon though?
Maybe it's synthetic. :-)

Steve (the other one)

simy1 17-06-2004 07:07 PM

Bobcat urine

"shazzbat" wrote in message ...
"James" wrote in message
om...
I was looking into using it to get rid of voles and mice. However at
over $100 a gallon, I think I'll just use mouse traps.

Call me naive, but I'd really like to know how one collects a gallon of
bobcat urine.

Steve

well, that's why it costs $100/gallon.

STEVEN STEIN 17-06-2004 08:04 PM

Bobcat urine

had to look this up - found a site that has a gallon for $40
http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page1042.html and another that has
a small spray bottle for $18.
http://www.merrifieldgardencenter.co...openparent=205

regards... Steve

"simy1" wrote in message
om...
"shazzbat" wrote in message

om...

'enry VIII 17-06-2004 08:06 PM

Bobcat urine

"simy1" wrote in message
om...
"shazzbat" wrote in message
"James" wrote in message
om...
I was looking into using it to get rid of voles and mice. However at
over $100 a gallon, I think I'll just use mouse traps.

Call me naive, but I'd really like to know how one collects a gallon of
bobcat urine.

Steve

well, that's why it costs $100/gallon.

Rattlesnake urine works even better, not too many collectors around through!
;-)

'enry VIII

Penelope Periwinkle 17-06-2004 09:03 PM

Bobcat urine

In our last fun filled episode, Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:05:52 +0100,
"shazzbat" proclaimed:

"James" wrote in message
. com...
I was looking into using it to get rid of voles and mice. However at
over $100 a gallon, I think I'll just use mouse traps.

Call me naive, but I'd really like to know how one collects a gallon of
bobcat urine.

Vewy, vewy carefully.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"

Jan Flora 20-06-2004 01:03 PM

Bobcat urine

In article ,
(James) wrote:

I was looking into using it to get rid of voles and mice. However at
over $100 a gallon, I think I'll just use mouse traps.

Anyone have experience with rat poison in the garden? Do they get rid
of other small animals?

To get rid of voles and mice, buy regular little mouse traps. Bait them
with a mixture of peanut butter and honey. Put the traps all around the
edges of the garden and be ready to clean the traps out several times a
day.

I've caught everything from voles to grizzly bears with that bait.
It works.

Jan, in Alaska