GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What should I rotate around tall chain link fence? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/66864-what-should-i-rotate-around-tall-chain-link-fence.html)

James 22-06-2004 01:03 AM

What should I rotate around tall chain link fence?

So far I've planted pole beans and malabar spinach.

Antipodean Bucket Farmer 22-06-2004 05:05 AM

What should I rotate around tall chain link fence?

In article
,
says...
So far I've planted pole beans and malabar spinach.

I suggest sweet peas. They would add some nice
colour, with their flowers. Although you may want to
keep them somewhat away from the other plants. They
seem rather aggressive in wandering around in all
directions, and hooking onto things (including other
plants.)

--
Guide To DIY Living
http://www.self-reliance.co.nz

Bob S. 23-06-2004 05:04 AM

(James) wrote in message . com...
So far I've planted pole beans and malabar spinach.

Cucumbers or ornamental gourds.

Pen 23-06-2004 06:04 AM

What should I rotate around tall chain link fence?

Try small melons like vine peach, cucumber or chayote. If you eat
nasturium, there are climbing ones. I've seen seed packets claim 10'
but have never seen it actually get that big.

KK from NJ 24-06-2004 01:02 PM

What should I rotate around tall chain link fence?

So far I've planted pole beans and malabar spinach.

I've grown this 4 years in a row. Climbs my chain link very well. Huge leaves.
Seeds only found in the bulbous end.

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/56773/

Thomas 25-06-2004 02:03 AM

What should I rotate around tall chain link fence?

cantaloupe?
"James" wrote in message
om...
So far I've planted pole beans and malabar spinach.

Jack1000 26-06-2004 04:02 AM

What should I rotate around tall chain link fence?

I have thirty feet of cyclone fence that is coverd with cukes. I feed my whole
neighborhood.

Bruce Yates 30-06-2004 03:09 PM

What should I rotate around tall chain link fence?

I do about 60 feet of sugar snap peas in early spring and again in
fall. No need to tie up. They do well and are loaded.

About $6 a pound in the grocery stores.