GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Auto cross-post (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/82568-re-auto-cross-post.html)

Gary Woods 28-08-2004 09:20 PM

"Ken Anderson" wrote:

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to gardening-forum.com.
What's up with that?

It's a web interface to the newsgroup, according to the opening page.
They _do_ say where the material comes from.

In fact, you can't post from their web site, and they tell you how to get
usenet access. Looks like a plus to me...

Stan Goodman 28-08-2004 10:52 PM

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:11:22 UTC, "Ken Anderson"
opined:

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to gardening-forum.com.
What's up with that?

Crossposting involves the use of two Usenet newsgroups. Gardening -form.com
has to be a website, not a newsgroup. The website copies the newsgrouip.
What could be simpler?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendam.

Penelope Periwinkle 29-08-2004 01:31 AM

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:20:11 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

"Ken Anderson" wrote:

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to gardening-forum.com.
What's up with that?

It's a web interface to the newsgroup, according to the opening page.
They _do_ say where the material comes from.

In fact, you can't post from their web site, and they tell you how to get
usenet access. Looks like a plus to me...

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

I don't consider that a plus.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"

Gary Woods 29-08-2004 01:42 AM

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

Complain to their upstream provider. I haven't gotten any, but then I'm
not in the U.K, and as we all know, spammers carefully target their
mailings. Which doubtless explains all the emails I get in Asian character
sets.

Sun and humidity both down, after a nice thumpest went through. Finally
comfortable in the Colonies tonight.

Peace,

Ken Anderson 29-08-2004 03:37 PM

Auto cross-post

wrote:

"Ken Anderson" wrote:

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to

gardening-forum.com.
What's up with that?

It's a web interface to the newsgroup, according to the opening page.
They _do_ say where the material comes from.

In fact, you can't post from their web site, and they tell you how to get
usenet access. Looks like a plus to me...

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

I don't consider that a plus.

Penelope

Bravo, Penelope. That's how it was brought to my attention. And that crap
spreads!
Ken

Penelope Periwinkle 29-08-2004 04:47 PM

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:42:01 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

Complain to their upstream provider. I haven't gotten any, but then I'm
not in the U.K,

Neither am I, but the smap I'm getting has a gardening-forums.com
stamp.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"

Stan Goodman 29-08-2004 06:12 PM

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:47:35 UTC, Penelope Periwinkle
opined:

wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

Complain to their upstream provider. I haven't gotten any, but then I'm
not in the U.K,

Neither am I, but the smap I'm getting has a gardening-forums.com
stamp.

Sounds like it's easy enough to filter out then. And in general, there are
tools around these days that can reduce your spam/junk load to a very low
and tolerable level.