GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pepper Plant leaf problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/82686-pepper-plant-leaf-problem.html)

Walyb 31-08-2004 05:45 AM

Pepper Plant leaf problem

Could someone please take a look at these pictures and tell me what is destroying my pepper plants?

Thanks

Stan Goodman 31-08-2004 01:36 PM

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:17:14 UTC, (Pat Kiewicz)
opined:

Walyb said:

Please, use plain text for newsgroups.

Could someone please take a look at these pictures and tell me what is =
destroying my pepper plants?

http://www.momandwalt.com/plantpics.htm

Leaf miners. An insect larva that grows inside of the leaf.

There are leaf miner parasites available to control them in
greenhouses. Neem extract (azadirachtin) is often recommended.

I don't think that's all that is shown in the pictures. I see the miner
tunnels, but there are also loarge yellow areas that do not include tunnels.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendam.

Walyb 01-09-2004 04:21 AM

I apologize for the HTML message. I know better and as soon as I sent it I
knew I 'blew' it but it was too late. It will not happen again.

Anyway, thanks for the HELPFUL reply's. Thank you Pat for the suggestion to
use Neem extract.

Pat Kiewicz 02-09-2004 12:59 PM

Stan Goodman said:

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:17:14 UTC, (Pat Kiewicz)
opined:

Leaf miners. An insect larva that grows inside of the leaf.

There are leaf miner parasites available to control them in
greenhouses. Neem extract (azadirachtin) is often recommended.

I don't think that's all that is shown in the pictures. I see the miner
tunnels, but there are also loarge yellow areas that do not include tunnels.

In your middle photo, the yellow areas appear to be connected to sections
of the leaf that have been entirely surrounded by or otherwise damaged by
miners so the yellowing (at least in the photos you posted) is consistant with
leaf miner damage.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Denise Bachman 03-09-2004 05:36 AM

Can't really make out the details, but the squiggly lines make one think of
leaf miner?

Denise

Stan Goodman 03-09-2004 11:32 AM

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 04:36:39 UTC, "Denise Bachman"
opined:

Can't really make out the details, but the squiggly lines make one think of
leaf miner?

The miner tunnels are clear. I don't think they can account for the large
yellow areas.

Denise

Pat Kiewicz 03-09-2004 01:07 PM

Stan Goodman said:

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 04:36:39 UTC, "Denise Bachman"
opined:

Can't really make out the details, but the squiggly lines make one think of
leaf miner?

The miner tunnels are clear. I don't think they can account for the large
yellow areas.

If the miner tunnels across a major vein or mines isolate a section of leaf it will
cause more extensive tissue death than just the area of the miner's path.

(attributed to Don Marti)