Old 31-08-2004, 05:45 AM
Walyb

Default Pepper Plant leaf problem

Could someone please take a look at these pictures and tell me what is destroying my pepper plants?

Thanks
Old 31-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Stan Goodman

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:17:14 UTC, (Pat Kiewicz)
opined:

Walyb said:

Please, use plain text for newsgroups.

Could someone please take a look at these pictures and tell me what is =
destroying my pepper plants?

http://www.momandwalt.com/plantpics.htm

Leaf miners. An insect larva that grows inside of the leaf.

There are leaf miner parasites available to control them in
greenhouses. Neem extract (azadirachtin) is often recommended.

I don't think that's all that is shown in the pictures. I see the miner
tunnels, but there are also loarge yellow areas that do not include tunnels.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendam.

Old 01-09-2004, 04:21 AM
Walyb

I apologize for the HTML message. I know better and as soon as I sent it I
knew I 'blew' it but it was too late. It will not happen again.

Anyway, thanks for the HELPFUL reply's. Thank you Pat for the suggestion to
use Neem extract.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:36 AM
Denise Bachman

Can't really make out the details, but the squiggly lines make one think of
leaf miner?

Denise

Old 03-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Stan Goodman

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 04:36:39 UTC, "Denise Bachman"
opined:

Can't really make out the details, but the squiggly lines make one think of
leaf miner?

The miner tunnels are clear. I don't think they can account for the large
yellow areas.

Denise

Old 03-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Stan Goodman said:

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 04:36:39 UTC, "Denise Bachman"
opined:

Can't really make out the details, but the squiggly lines make one think of
leaf miner?

The miner tunnels are clear. I don't think they can account for the large
yellow areas.

If the miner tunnels across a major vein or mines isolate a section of leaf it will
cause more extensive tissue death than just the area of the miner's path.

(attributed to Don Marti)