GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wilt on my tomato plants. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/83327-wilt-my-tomato-plants.html)

Tom Cavanagh 10-09-2004 10:31 PM

Wilt on my tomato plants.

I have had the problem for three seasons now and I fear that my soil is
permanently diseased. Last year I used a spray that helped marginally. But
this spring was so wet that I couldn't maintain spray retention on the
plants. Anyone ever had this problem and effected a permanent cure? A soil
treatment seems the direction to go as foliage spray isn't getting it done.

TIA
Tom Cavanagh

Blues Ma 10-09-2004 11:21 PM

Tom Cavanagh wrote:

I have had the problem for three seasons now and I fear that my soil is
permanently diseased.* Last year I used a spray that helped marginally.* But
this spring was so wet that I couldn't maintain spray retention on the
plants.* Anyone ever had this problem and effected a permanent cure?* A soil
treatment seems the direction to go as foliage spray isn't getting it done.

TIA
Tom Cavanagh

I planted only container tomatoes for two seasons.
Once returning to garden planting the problem had disappeared.
Did this on advice from a really old gardener.
*
*
*
*

simy1 12-09-2004 03:33 PM

"Tom Cavanagh" wrote in message ...
I have had the problem for three seasons now and I fear that my soil is
permanently diseased. Last year I used a spray that helped marginally. But
this spring was so wet that I couldn't maintain spray retention on the
plants. Anyone ever had this problem and effected a permanent cure? A soil
treatment seems the direction to go as foliage spray isn't getting it done.

TIA
Tom Cavanagh

classic crop rotation case. would you consider planting them in the
frontyard for a couple years. you can still plant the other veggies in
back.