GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Growing Oyster mushrooms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/83855-growing-oyster-mushrooms.html)

Gareee© 17-10-2004 09:25 PM

I have a spring fed stream running right past the location where I scored my
oysters a few weeks ago.

We haven't had practiacally any rain since the hurricanes, and of course,
the oyster population declined. Should I toss a few of those logs in the
stream, so the get continous watering?

It couldn't hurt...

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage:

mimus 17-10-2004 10:01 PM

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:25:49 -0400, "Gareee©"
wrote:

I have a spring fed stream running right past the location where I scored my
oysters a few weeks ago.

We haven't had practiacally any rain since the hurricanes, and of course,
the oyster population declined. Should I toss a few of those logs in the
stream, so the get continous watering?

It couldn't hurt...

Just carry some bucketfuls over and soak the logs.

Remember, basidiomycetes are oxygen- breathers.

--
..sigzip*

Katra 18-10-2004 09:38 PM

In article ,
Mycos wrote:

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:07:41 -0500, Katra
wrote:

In article . net,
"STEPHEN PEEK" wrote:

I'd try the elm, ash & oak.
Steve

The Oak and Ash are the most available... ;-)

Oak sheds for me! lol

K.

Slower growing but longer yielding I believe was what I read about using oak
logs for
Shiitake. I seem to remember something about the softer your hardwood was,
the quicker it
would fruit, but also quicker to be old and used up, nutrient-wise.

Mycos

Prohibition Funds Terrorism

Makes sense. :-)
Hence sawdust bags having larger and faster yields, but getting used up
quickly...

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...