GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   VINTAGE OLD ANTIQUE MINI WINE PRESS-EBAY-$25 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/84804-vintage-old-antique-mini-wine-press-ebay-%2425.html)

trippin28track 09-10-2004 11:57 PM

VINTAGE OLD ANTIQUE MINI WINE PRESS-EBAY-$25

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Glenna Rose 10-10-2004 06:45 AM

writes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Hmmmm. That makes me wonder what I have, the bargain from an early summer
garage sale. Mine is the same size, but the metal parts, cast iron, have
beautiful scroll work of vines and grapes (painted gold). Perhaps, it was
a bigger bargain than it seemed at the time. :-)

Glenna
(who hasn't pressed any cider yet)

zxcvbob 10-10-2004 01:44 PM

Glenna Rose wrote:

writes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Hmmmm. That makes me wonder what I have, the bargain from an early summer
garage sale. Mine is the same size, but the metal parts, cast iron, have
beautiful scroll work of vines and grapes (painted gold). Perhaps, it was
a bigger bargain than it seemed at the time. :-)

Glenna
(who hasn't pressed any cider yet)

I'm in the process of building a press; I have the basket just about
finished, then I need to make the frame. I plan to leave all the wood
unfinished, and I'll put a sheet of polyethylene sheeting between the
basket and the bottom tray instead of making the collection tray
waterproof. I'm not sure about the grinder though; I'll either make a
somewhat traditional grinder, or just modify a cheap (new) garbage disposal.

You really can't press apples without grinding them first. The grating
attachment for a Kitchenaid mixer might be good enough.

Best regards,
Bob

patriarch 11-10-2004 06:22 AM

zxcvbob wrote in
:

snip

You really can't press apples without grinding them first. The
grating attachment for a Kitchenaid mixer might be good enough.

A buddy of mine modified a top-loading washing machine to grate apples, and
then extract the juice. I suppose if the batches are of sufficient size...

Patriarch

Charles Newton 12-10-2004 04:42 AM

"trippin28track" wrote in message
om...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

I get it...vintage wine (press). hahaha. not. - C.

Charles Newton 12-10-2004 04:47 AM

"patriarch astDOTnet" patriarch wrote in message
.77...
zxcvbob wrote in
:

snip

You really can't press apples without grinding them first. The
grating attachment for a Kitchenaid mixer might be good enough.

A buddy of mine modified a top-loading washing machine to grate apples,

and
then extract the juice. I suppose if the batches are of sufficient

size...

Patriarch

I modified a '68 Briggs and Stratton lawnmover. Bored the sumbitch out,
added the mulching attachment and 20-gallon screened hopper and I just ride
over a pile of apples. The sumbitch tears 'em up. - C.