Old 09-10-2004, 11:57 PM
trippin28track

Default VINTAGE OLD ANTIQUE MINI WINE PRESS-EBAY-$25

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Old 10-10-2004, 06:45 AM
Glenna Rose

writes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Hmmmm. That makes me wonder what I have, the bargain from an early summer
garage sale. Mine is the same size, but the metal parts, cast iron, have
beautiful scroll work of vines and grapes (painted gold). Perhaps, it was
a bigger bargain than it seemed at the time. :-)

Glenna
(who hasn't pressed any cider yet)

Old 10-10-2004, 01:44 PM
zxcvbob

Glenna Rose wrote:

writes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Hmmmm. That makes me wonder what I have, the bargain from an early summer
garage sale. Mine is the same size, but the metal parts, cast iron, have
beautiful scroll work of vines and grapes (painted gold). Perhaps, it was
a bigger bargain than it seemed at the time. :-)

Glenna
(who hasn't pressed any cider yet)

I'm in the process of building a press; I have the basket just about
finished, then I need to make the frame. I plan to leave all the wood
unfinished, and I'll put a sheet of polyethylene sheeting between the
basket and the bottom tray instead of making the collection tray
waterproof. I'm not sure about the grinder though; I'll either make a
somewhat traditional grinder, or just modify a cheap (new) garbage disposal.

You really can't press apples without grinding them first. The grating
attachment for a Kitchenaid mixer might be good enough.

Best regards,
Bob

Old 11-10-2004, 06:22 AM
patriarch

zxcvbob wrote in
:

snip

You really can't press apples without grinding them first. The
grating attachment for a Kitchenaid mixer might be good enough.

A buddy of mine modified a top-loading washing machine to grate apples, and
then extract the juice. I suppose if the batches are of sufficient size...

Patriarch

Old 12-10-2004, 04:42 AM
Charles Newton

"trippin28track" wrote in message
om...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

I get it...vintage wine (press). hahaha. not. - C.