Old 17-10-2004, 07:55 PM

Default BT in NZ

Bt is sold by Ecostore and available by mail order.

http://www.ecostore.co.nz/productlist.cfm?Group=25

Good luck

Old 18-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Dwayne

You might try one more thing. Buy your seeds and plant them 1/2 way
through the summer. Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts
all are crops that do better in the fall. In fact, Brussels sprouts taste
better after being frosted twice. I have been told frost makes there bitter
taste turn sweet.

Here in Kansas all the garden stores get seedlings that were started early,
and then you can plant them early. I haven't gotten them in the ground soon
enough to beat the loopers. I went to Wal-Mart and bought something
advertised to be safe on veggies and used it. It worked great However, the
plants I grew myself and planted in June or July did a lot better and
without as much of a pest problem.

If you come up with a better idea, please let us know.

Dwayne

om...