Old 04-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Kate ......

Default Can you ID this thing ?????

I found this on the step yesterday. A part of its head is missing. What
is it? Thank you in advance , Kate

Old 04-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Ken Anderson

"Kate ......" wrote in message
I found this on the step yesterday. A part of its head is missing. What
is it? Thank you in advance , Kate

Wish I could help, but that one's a mystery!

Old 04-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Ken Anderson

Old 04-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Katra

In article ,
"Ken Anderson" wrote:

"Kate ......" wrote in message
I found this on the step yesterday. A part of its head is missing. What
is it? Thank you in advance , Kate

Wish I could help, but that one's a mystery!

It would have helped if she had posted a link to a picture... ;-)

hint This group does not translate binaries.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:12 AM
Steve

Ken Anderson wrote:

"Kate ......" wrote in message

I found this on the step yesterday. A part of its head is missing. What
is it? Thank you in advance , Kate

Wish I could help, but that one's a mystery!

Are you being funny or did you really see a picture? All I see is the
text followed by a page of white on white. If there was a picture
attached, my news server left it out (as it should on this group).

Steve

Old 05-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Ken Anderson

"Steve" wrote in message

Ken Anderson wrote:

"Kate ......" wrote in message

I found this on the step yesterday. A part of its head is missing. What
is it? Thank you in advance , Kate

Wish I could help, but that one's a mystery!

Are you being funny or did you really see a picture? All I see is the
text followed by a page of white on white. If there was a picture
attached, my news server left it out (as it should on this group).

Steve

Possibly funny, but it's arguable. Yes, I had a blank screen too. Where is
our OP???

Old 05-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Kate ......

I just tried to resend the picture. It was rejected this time. I must be doing
something wrong. Sorry for your troubles. I do not send things to be cute. But
I'm sure thats how it must have looked. I sent the picture to others and
apparently its a horny toad. I have never seen one before and this thing has a
small tail . Kinda looks like a broad bodied lizard. Weird looking , to me.
Kate

Ken Anderson wrote:

Old 06-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Steve

Kate ...... wrote:

I just tried to resend the picture. It was rejected this time. I must be doing
something wrong. Sorry for your troubles. I do not send things to be cute. But
I'm sure thats how it must have looked.......

It never crossed my mind that you were trying to be cute. I assumed you
did attach a picture. Since this group isn't for pictures, you shouldn't
do that.

I sent the picture to others and
apparently its a horny toad. I have never seen one before and this thing has a
small tail . Kinda looks like a broad bodied lizard. Weird looking , to me.
Kate

Oh, I could have made an ID on that even though I haven't seen one in
over 40 years. When I was a little kid (I remember having my 5th
birthday there) I lived in Texas for over a year while my dad completed
pilot training for the air force. I still remember catching those things
with the other kids in the neighborhood. They are unique little lizards.
We called them horny toads too, but the books call them horned toads.

Steve

Old 06-11-2004, 01:48 AM
Ray Drouillard

"Steve" wrote in message

Kate ...... wrote:

[...]

Yosemite Sam calls them horny toads -- as in "Great horny toads! Say
your prayers, you long-eared varmint!"