Old 06-11-2004, 04:16 PM
The Cook

Default End of garden

The garden is about over. I just harvested a small forest of dill
leaves. I left some to see what happens. I am going to freeze what I
have brought in. My big question is how to get the dill and cucumbers
to mature at the same time. This stuff I planted in July or August.
Tossed some seeds out and left it. The plants are 2+ feet tall and
still going. And has not gone to seed at all.

I have planted my garlic and covered it with several inches of leaves.
It is still putting up shoots about 3 inches tall. And we really need
to get the onions planted.

This was our first year gardening here in the foothills of the Blue
Ridge Mountains. We got a late start put Pete planted his corn and we
got a pretty fair harvest. The collards are going great.

Now to start planning what and where to plant nest year. I have
staked out a place for my tomatoes -- Where the corn was this year.
It has been covered with grass clipping and leaves. I plan to leave
it that way until spring and I may just dig holes and plant the
tomatoes.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.