Old 18-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Hassen bin Lai

Default Anyone with lettuce growing in cold frame experience?

I was wondering how cold can it get and still work. At what
temperature does growing stop and at what temperature do they die? Do
they come back next spring like dandilions?
Old 18-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Bill B

Hassen bin Lai wrote:
I was wondering how cold can it get and still work. At what
temperature does growing stop and at what temperature do they die? Do
they come back next spring like dandilions?

I've had lettuce survive and grow till the temps got down to freezing
and then they started to experience leaf burn. I don't think that you
would like the lettuce even if you could get it to survive till Spring
because old lettuce will get bitter. It would be best to harvest it as
long as you can in the Fall and then plant new in the Spring.