Old 19-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Katra

Default Early tomatoes, YAY!!!

I put 3 nice little tomato plants into my greenhouses late last year, I
think around early November. They were "leftovers" at the nursery for
fall tomatoes.

Put each one in a 3 gallon pot with a cage. I was _hoping_ to get winter
tomatoes but that did not happen. :-P Even with a light in there, I
guess they "know" when it's really time to bloom!

Well, they are about 3' tall now and I've never seen such lush foliage!
They look wonderful, and started blooming 3 weeks ago. I've been going
in there and hand fertilizing them, but I have to get them at just the
right stage I guess. ;-)

Just checked and I have 4 nice little tomato sets, and more blossoms
that I just went in and pinched.

I'd like to eventually try hydroponics, but I need to study up on it!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada