Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2005, 04:01 AM
Craig

Default starting fruit trees and bushes...

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a blueberry plant, a raspberry plant, strawberry plants, and
an apple tree online. The small blueberry 8 inch plant arrived today. My
plan is to grow them all in containers out on the deck in the back. I assume
I plant them and keep them in the house until when? The blueberry is dwarf
northsky and very hardy. When should I bring it outside - at the same time I
plant my regular garden seedlings or sooner? I'm in zone 6 NYC.

I read that the blueberry soil should be acidic and sandy. I haven't really
ever had to mix a soil up before. What should I add to make the soil acidic?
I have Cactus/ succulent mix, sphagnum peat moss, regular potting soil and
seed starting soil, what kind of mix should I use for its soil?

Thanks

Craig K
Staten Island