GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When should I plant pea seeds Zone 5 Indiana.. thanks! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/90598-when-should-i-plant-pea-seeds-zone-5-indiana-thanks.html)

Me 07-03-2005 03:08 AM

[email protected] 07-03-2005 05:47 AM

omi 07-03-2005 12:03 PM

"Me" wrote in message
When should I plant pea seeds Zone 5 Indiana.. thanks!

The Indiana vegetable Planting Calendar at
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/HO-186.pdf
has a map that shows four areas with planting dates for over 100 different
vegetables for both spring and fall gardens. Olin

[email protected] 07-03-2005 12:05 PM

As soon as the soil can be worked. Now would be fine. If you're
planting on top of last year's garden you can just put the seeds into
the ground without further preparation. If it's muddy, lay a board
across the area to be planted and walk on that. You may want to stick
some extra tree branch refuse in the ground every foot or so for them
to climb.