Old 08-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Matthew Montchalin

Default Roma tomatoes?

I noticed my local grocery store offering packets of "Roma Tomato" seeds
but that started me wondering if they taste any better than store bought.

So, anyway, I live in the Pacific Northwest. Are Roma Tomatoes suitable
for my growing region? Has anybody had trouble with Roma Tomatoes? What
kind of problems am I going to run into here?

Last summer, our tomato plants were eaten down to the nub by the Columbia
Blacktail Deer that frequent our property, a sight worse than being eaten
by slugs. (We found deer hoofprints all over the tomato garden, and
signs of deer teeth nipping away at the tomato plants.)

Old 17-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Texas Tomatoes

Tomatoes go great with venison. Roma will do fine, just plant at the
appropriate time.
"Matthew Montchalin" wrote in message
I noticed my local grocery store offering packets of "Roma Tomato" seeds
but that started me wondering if they taste any better than store bought.

So, anyway, I live in the Pacific Northwest. Are Roma Tomatoes suitable
for my growing region? Has anybody had trouble with Roma Tomatoes? What
kind of problems am I going to run into here?

Last summer, our tomato plants were eaten down to the nub by the Columbia
Blacktail Deer that frequent our property, a sight worse than being eaten
by slugs. (We found deer hoofprints all over the tomato garden, and
signs of deer teeth nipping away at the tomato plants.)

Roma tomatoes have brown bits inside Michael Edible Gardening 3 17-07-2004 05:02 PM
Roma Tomato Question The Ranger Edible Gardening 5 09-08-2003 07:32 PM
Anybody growing Bella'Roma?--Nobody is? A guy named Emil Roses 1 01-02-2003 07:19 AM
Anybody growing Bella'Roma? Emil Roses 3 31-01-2003 04:14 PM
Anybody growing Bella'Roma? A guy named Emil Roses 0 29-01-2003 12:22 AM