GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I know it's cliche (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/93558-i-know-its-cliche.html)

Penelope Periwinkle 05-05-2005 03:20 AM

I know it's cliche

I know it's a cliche by now, but, oh, local strawberries are *so*
much better than what you can get in the stores! I stopped by a
road side stand this afternoon, and it's been like having a box
of candy on the counter.

Oh, and the smell, grocery store strawberries just don't have
that wonderful smell!

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"

extincted 05-05-2005 11:53 PM

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
I know it's a cliche by now, but, oh, local strawberries are *so*
much better than what you can get in the stores! I stopped by a
road side stand this afternoon, and it's been like having a box
of candy on the counter.

Oh, and the smell, grocery store strawberries just don't have
that wonderful smell!

Penelope

Did you try wild strawberries from forests- that is uncomparable.

Antipodean Bucket Farmer 17-05-2005 04:57 AM

In article ,
says...
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
I know it's a cliche by now, but, oh, local strawberries are *so*
much better than what you can get in the stores! I stopped by a
road side stand this afternoon, and it's been like having a box
of candy on the counter.

Oh, and the smell, grocery store strawberries just don't have
that wonderful smell!

Penelope

Did you try wild strawberries from forests- that is uncomparable.

Err, I seem to recall reading that strawberries taste
*less* good with each passing year for the plant(?) So
wild ones would likely be old plants.

I had nice fruits from first-generation plants this
past summer. But I am not sure how they will taste
next season?

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

Farm1 19-05-2005 07:49 AM

"Antipodean Bucket Farmer" wrote in message

Err, I seem to recall reading that strawberries taste
*less* good with each passing year for the plant(?) So
wild ones would likely be old plants.

I had nice fruits from first-generation plants this
past summer. But I am not sure how they will taste
next season?

Fine. Old strawbs are supposed to get viruses but they still taste great.
They do seem to produce less though.