Old 05-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

Default I know it's cliche

I know it's a cliche by now, but, oh, local strawberries are *so*
much better than what you can get in the stores! I stopped by a
road side stand this afternoon, and it's been like having a box
of candy on the counter.

Oh, and the smell, grocery store strawberries just don't have
that wonderful smell!

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old 05-05-2005, 11:53 PM
extincted

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
I know it's a cliche by now, but, oh, local strawberries are *so*
much better than what you can get in the stores! I stopped by a
road side stand this afternoon, and it's been like having a box
of candy on the counter.

Oh, and the smell, grocery store strawberries just don't have
that wonderful smell!

Penelope

Did you try wild strawberries from forests- that is uncomparable.
Old 19-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Farm1

"Antipodean Bucket Farmer" wrote in message

Err, I seem to recall reading that strawberries taste
*less* good with each passing year for the plant(?) So
wild ones would likely be old plants.

I had nice fruits from first-generation plants this
past summer. But I am not sure how they will taste
next season?

Fine. Old strawbs are supposed to get viruses but they still taste great.
They do seem to produce less though.