GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mulch is Acidic? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/96225-mulch-acidic.html)

Dave 20-06-2005 10:22 PM

Mulch is Acidic?

Had some excellent squash growing in the compost pile last year and the
compost pile was mostly mulch, so this year I planted squash in a small
plot I had thickly covered with mulch, but now a good portion of the
small squash plants have turned yellow. I'm wondering what I should try
to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave 25-06-2005 10:23 PM

Dwayne wrote:
Fresh mulch gets hotter than older mulch, in fact hot enough to kill your
new plants. Could that have been the problem?

Dwayne

That is a good idea. Thanks.