Old 20-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Dave

Default Mulch is Acidic?

Had some excellent squash growing in the compost pile last year and the
compost pile was mostly mulch, so this year I planted squash in a small
plot I had thickly covered with mulch, but now a good portion of the
small squash plants have turned yellow. I'm wondering what I should try
to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 22-06-2005, 03:05 AM
TQ

Maybe the growing medium has become too dry or it's been too hot or the
plants aren't getting enough nitrogen.

oups.com...

Old 25-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Dwayne

Fresh mulch gets hotter than older mulch, in fact hot enough to kill your
new plants. Could that have been the problem?

Dwayne

oups.com...

Old 25-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Dave

Dwayne wrote:
Fresh mulch gets hotter than older mulch, in fact hot enough to kill your
new plants. Could that have been the problem?

Dwayne

That is a good idea. Thanks.

Are tree roots acidic, basic, anionic or cationic? Peter Jason Plant Science 2 17-01-2004 01:03 AM
grass/groundcover for acidic soil zone 7 Peggy Elliott Gardening 3 10-11-2003 07:12 PM
compost pile too acidic? sputnik Texas 2 07-07-2003 03:58 AM
can u make soil more acidic? [email protected] United Kingdom 9 12-05-2003 06:08 PM
alternatives to lime for neutralizing acidic lawn? peter Gardening 4 07-04-2003 03:44 PM