Old 11-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Bob A

Default nice post, but curious

I thought I would share this and ask about it. I put in a lot of plants
about 3 weeks ago, including Anubias Barteri. This plant has developed,
from what at first appeared to be a leaf opening, something my brother says
is a flower. Underwater that is. It looks like a cross between an ear of
corn and cauliflower. About an inch long.

What is it, and did I just get lucky?

bob allred

Old 11-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Chuck Gadd

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:46:18 -0500, "Bob A"
wrote:

I thought I would share this and ask about it. I put in a lot of plants
about 3 weeks ago, including Anubias Barteri. This plant has developed,
from what at first appeared to be a leaf opening, something my brother says
is a flower. Underwater that is. It looks like a cross between an ear of
corn and cauliflower. About an inch long.

Sounds like it a flower. Here's a pic of one:
http://www.csd.net/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/c...wer020100a.jpg

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 11-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Christopher

yeah its a flower, I have one on mine...it used to be about an inch long
until one of my cichlids thought it was a critter and bit off the top.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:12 PM
Wilma Duncan

Bob, take a look on my web page as I have a pic of a flowering anubias.
Wilma
http://www.jayscustomcomputers.com/wilma/

Old 13-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Bob A

Yes, mine looks like yours and Chuck's. I have a very nice photo of it (it
opened facing the front of the tank) I may post someday. Thanks. I have
looked at your website before, I may get in touch with you about some things
at some point.

thanks,

bob