Old 30-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Andrzej Konarski

Default NERITINA SPECIES

Does neritina species of snails like zebra, spiky, nalaientis can reproduce
in freshwater aquariums.
If no ,can we create them a canditions to reproduce(by adding salt to water
or something) this snails in our aquariums.

ps.In my country Poland we havent any info about this species and i cannot
find something useful widsom.
sry for my nglisch
THX

Old 30-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Charles

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:37:05 +0200, "Andrzej Konarski"
wrote:

Does neritina species of snails like zebra, spiky, nalaientis can reproduce
in freshwater aquariums.
If no ,can we create them a canditions to reproduce(by adding salt to water
or something) this snails in our aquariums.

ps.In my country Poland we havent any info about this species and i cannot
find something useful widsom.
sry for my nglisch
THX

I found this, translated from french:

It is true that they are beautiful, I have of them 4 for a vat
of 200litres, it is largely sufficient, they débarrasent the plants of
their algae without the abimer and moreover they do not reproduce in
captivity, therefore not risk of invasion!

I guess it doesn't answer your question, though

this :Zebra Neritina is a very beautiful species. I have bred a pair
of them and their kids now roam my tank. They are very cute when they
move on my tank wall. Their red colour will fade if not fed for a week
or two. We should take good care of them.
Contributed by Amir

from he http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_Neritina_zebra.php

Might be you could contact that site and get some direct information
Old 31-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Andrzej Konarski

It is true that they are beautiful, I have of them 4 for a vat
of 200litres, it is largely sufficient, they débarrasent the plants of
their algae without the abimer and moreover they do not reproduce in
captivity, therefore not risk of invasion!

I guess it doesn't answer your question, though

this :Zebra Neritina is a very beautiful species. I have bred a pair
of them and their kids now roam my tank. They are very cute when they
move on my tank wall. Their red colour will fade if not fed for a week
or two. We should take good care of them.

I seen this post )))
THX

from he http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_Neritina_zebra.php

Might be you could contact that site and get some direct information

I willl try !!!