GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Roots growing off of plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/104294-roots-growing-off-plants.html)

Dan 05-09-2005 10:54 PM

Roots growing off of plants

Is this normal? My plants are growing roots off of the leaves and it
appears they are trying to get to the substrate. Is that okay or is there a
problem?

Dan

Robert Flory 08-09-2005 03:07 AM

"Dan" wrote in message
Is this normal? My plants are growing roots off of the leaves and it
appears they are trying to get to the substrate. Is that okay or is there
a problem?

Dan

Normal for lots of plants

Bob

KStringer 08-09-2005 07:19 AM

Yup, it's pretty normal. I have several Ludwegia Repens plants and they
have dozens of roots coming off the stem and leaf stems. Be happy, it's
a sign of good growth :-)

Dan 08-09-2005 06:50 PM

Thanks:
I am new at this so I ask interesting questions.

Dan

dc 19-09-2005 04:27 PM

"Dan" wrote in
:

Is this normal? My plants are growing roots off of the leaves and it
appears they are trying to get to the substrate. Is that okay or is
there a problem?

It's normal, but it could be a sign that conditions are less than ideal.
Cabomba for instance will drop roots all over the place if it isn't being
pruned enough and the bottom portions of the plant isn't receiving enough
light.

If your plants look the way you want otherwise, don't worry about it. Any
growth is good growth.