GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what kind to get. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/109108-what-kind-get.html)

Larry Blanchard 16-11-2005 10:36 AM

what kind to get.

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:42:56 -0500, David Dufresne wrote:

I put some Echinodorus Tennelus in my own 10g. They are hardy enough for
most fish as long as you got a good substrate, and with compact
fluorescent you should be able to easily put in 3w/gallon, which would
turn them a pretty shade of red. They also propagate pretty fast given a
good environnement.

I did the same, but don't think I will again. They propagate a little too
well. I wind up taking out a handfull every month or so.

Another choice would be dwarf hairgrass. Spreads reasonably fast, doesn't
get as tall as the tennelus, and provides great hiding places for fry.

Justice 16-11-2005 07:32 PM

what kind to get.

I would like to get some grassy type of plant for my newer 10 gal. I
have some fishes in it 3 yoyo loaches, 1 zebra diano, 1 banded rainbow.
ph 7.2, hardness unknown. my lights are incodecent, but I will be adding
a energy saver florecent(does great for my other tank, and cheeper than
a new hood).

TIA