Old 27-03-2006, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default Flourish Update - Thanks Richard!

It's been several weeks now that I've started to use Seachem's Flourish
Excel. The black sooty and the black furry crud are gone. They stopped
spreading but did not die so I placed a clown pleco, a regular pleco and
several ottos in the tanks with the problem. In days they cleaned this ugly
algae off the plants and rocks. It never got started in the other aquariums
that Excel was added to. I did add 2 ottos to each tank in the sunroon.

Other changes are the Amazon sword's new leaves are much nicer, more
numerous, narrower and deeper green. They're stalks are also shorter and the
plants look wonderful. Their young plants have rooted in the gravel and are
growing well. The short vals (or sags?) are also looking fantastic. All
the plants look better. The other additives I increased are the
micronutrients to at least twice a week from only a few times a month. Also
1/4 tsp. of Muriate of Potash goes in each 55g once a week or so.

I ordered 2L of Excel and will continue using it in the aquariums.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952