GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   plants wanted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/141694-plants-wanted.html)

John Sankey 30-03-2006 04:01 AM

plants wanted

I'm looking for aquatic mosses and ferns and can't find any
store local that carries any, nor have I managed to locate
a Canadian firm who will send them by mail.

I'm not looking for anything super exotic, even a source of
Marsilea quadrifolia or Fontinalis antipyretica in Canada
would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions?

Richard Sexton 07-04-2006 10:14 AM

plants wanted

In article ,
John Sankey wrote:
I'm looking for aquatic mosses and ferns and can't find any
store local that carries any, nor have I managed to locate
a Canadian firm who will send them by mail.

I'm not looking for anything super exotic, even a source of
Marsilea quadrifolia or Fontinalis antipyretica in Canada
would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions?

Menagerie in Toronto. Harold Slater has been selling weird
aquatic mosses for the 16 years I've known him and he's working
there now. Right now he's gone some very old and near dead
creeping moss that's been in salad tubs for about 3 mos by
the cash register, and some xmas moss on driftwood that aiont
cheap. $12? $25? Something like that.

He has a bunch of C. blassi almost a foot tall - real nice,
and tons of rare bunch plants.

He's getting a moss shipment later on although I don't know
details. I went last weekend and to a bunch of other good
fish stores as this is all the moss I saw.

The big, err, tall really, display tank by the cash register
is floor to ceiling java moss. Stunning and inspring display.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

wizard 23-04-2006 06:45 PM

plants wanted

you can find he ww.plantasecompanhia.com/www
"Richard Sexton" escreveu na mensagem

UnworthyDuDe 30-04-2006 01:56 AM

plants wanted

Canadian Supplier
http://www.ottawaaquatics.com/

Do to bad weather in holland as of late, it has been hard to get any real
quality , all the plants that seem to show up and beat and not worth buying