GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Excel Overdosing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/150169-excel-overdosing.html)

2pods 08-10-2006 09:08 PM

Excel Overdosing

You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

I'm also wondering about the safety of my fish.
I have Clown Loaches, Corys, Angels, Danios, and Platys.
Is there anything to look out for apart from the fish gasping at the surface
?

TIA
Peter

Richard Sexton 09-10-2006 04:01 AM

Excel Overdosing

In article , 2pods wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps too.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

2pods 09-10-2006 12:27 PM

Excel Overdosing

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article , 2pods wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps too.

As in Flourish twice a week, or the EI thing ?

Peter

Richard Sexton 09-10-2006 04:45 PM

Excel Overdosing

In article , 2pods wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps too.

As in Flourish twice a week, or the EI thing ?

I use the EI thing, and that by itself does algae a lot of damage.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

Paul R 18-10-2006 04:42 PM

Excel Overdosing

wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps too.

As in Flourish twice a week, or the EI thing ?

I use the EI thing, and that by itself does algae a lot of damage.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

Can someone please tell me what the "EL thing" is ?
Thanks

2pods 18-10-2006 10:40 PM

Excel Overdosing

wrote:
You know that Excel overdose to get rid of algae thingy ?
How much of an overdose are we talking about ?

Just use as directed, that works for me. Fertilizing properly helps
too.

As in Flourish twice a week, or the EI thing ?

I use the EI thing, and that by itself does algae a lot of damage.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net

Can someone please tell me what the "EL thing" is ?
Thanks

e i = E I= Estimative Index.
See http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/inde...id=9&chapter=0

Watch the wrap.

Peter

Paul R 19-10-2006 02:47 AM

Excel Overdosing

Can someone please tell me what the "EL thing" is ?
Thanks

e i = E I= Estimative Index.
See
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/inde...id=9&chapter=0

Watch the wrap.

Peter

Mmmmm, interesting read ! Thanks - only just started with CO2, so needs a
little thought ! lol