GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First tank photos!!!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15797-first-tank-photos.html)

E. Mito 20-04-2003 06:10 AM

First tank photos!!!!

Ok, I've mastered the basics of putting up my own website and have a few cheesy
pictures of my little 10 gallon tank:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/

I just got a digital camera so I'll soon be putting up pics of my 55 gallon.
:)

This is too much fun.

Erica

Marvin Hlavac 20-04-2003 06:10 AM

First tank photos!!!!

"E. Mito" wrote in message
Ok, I've mastered the basics of putting up my own website and have a few

cheesy
pictures of my little 10 gallon tank:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/

I just got a digital camera so I'll soon be putting up pics of my 55 gallon.
:)

This is too much fun.

Erica

Hi Erica,

Congratulation on your new digital camera. I'm looking forward seeing more nice
pictures.

Marvin

E. Mito 20-04-2003 06:10 AM

First tank photos!!!!

Thanks Marvin!

Here is an updated link to better and nicer pictures of more of my tanks.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Marvin Hlavac 20-04-2003 06:10 AM

First tank photos!!!!

"E. Mito" wrote in message
Thanks Marvin!

Here is an updated link to better and nicer pictures of more of my tanks.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm

Hi Erica

The 55g pics are gorgeous, very colorful, very clean aquarium. I don't have a
digital camera myself but I have easy access to someone else's. I'm not good at
taking pictures and today I was playing with it. When I take picture of my tank
some bright leaves instead of appearing bright green they just look white on the
photo :-( I have no idea what setting to change :-(

Anyway, here is one photo:
http://onehappygirl.com/october25.jpg

Marvin

BruceKGeist 20-04-2003 06:10 AM

First tank photos!!!!

I really like your tank pics.. very nice. The red plant just to the right of
center-- what is that one?

Have you angels spawned? They look like a matched pair.

I enjoyed your web site very much!

E. Mito 20-04-2003 06:10 AM

First tank photos!!!!

In article ,
(BruceKGeist) writes:

I really like your tank pics.. very nice. The red plant just to the right of
center-- what is that one?

Have you angels spawned? They look like a matched pair.

I enjoyed your web site very much!

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the comments! :) I am very pleased with how the photos came out,
too...my first attempt at digital camera photography.

I believe the plant you are asking about is the Ludwigia mullerti (I bought all
my plants from True Aquarium Plants). It is really wonderful -- at first I
thought it wasn't anything spectacular; the tops of the leaves, which at first
were the only side visible, are a sort of brownish pale green. But when I was
cleaning the tank, I accidentally flipped up one of the leaves and discovered
the intense beautiful red underside! So now I try to keep some of the leaves
pointed up so you can see the coloration. According to Phyl's website, this
plant needs strong lighting else it loses it red color. I have 2 wpg and the
plant still looks great after a month. Hope this is enough to keep it that
way. :)

As for my angels, YES they have spawned SEVERAL times. They are actually my
favorite fish, although when I got them they were very young and I didn't know
they would turn out to like each other so much. :) I have fry from 3 of their
spawns, the oldest being 2 1/2 months old and ready to be adopted. I just
moved them from their old home where they spawned about 8 times in the last
four months (only saved 3 sets of fry, though) to the new 55 gallon. They have
not spawned there yet; I am guessing either because spawning season is over or
because they don't yet feel completely at home in their new tank.

Thanks again for the comments. I just put up pictures last night of my little
2 gallon betta tank and my planted 10 gallon, too.

Erica

E. Mito 20-04-2003 06:10 AM

First tank photos!!!!

In article . rogers.com,
"Marvin Hlavac" writes:

The 55g pics are gorgeous, very colorful, very clean aquarium. I don't have a
digital camera myself but I have easy access to someone else's. I'm not good
at
taking pictures and today I was playing with it. When I take picture of my
tank
some bright leaves instead of appearing bright green they just look white on
the
photo :-( I have no idea what setting to change :-(

Anyway, here is one photo:
http://onehappygirl.com/october25.jpg

Hi Marvin!

Thanks for the comments! :) I didn't know what I was doing when I was playing
with my digital camera, which is why I am so astounded that the pics came out
as well as they did. I fell asleep reading the instruction manual last night
so I still don't know about all its bells and whistles, yet. One thing that
might help is if you touch up your photos with a program like Adobe
photoshop...I got some really poor-quality photos (taken with my regular camera
before I got the digital) back from the film developer, but after I lowered the
brightness and increased the contrast, they turned out really beautiful (well,
of course as the owner of the pictures I am biased).

I like the october25 photo a lot! it's very artistic and of course has that
beautiful discus of yours. It looks like you added some new plants since your
last photo? Someday I'd like to setup a big discus tank myself, but that's not
for a LOOOONG time when I'm finished with school. I have my hands full enough
now as it is. :)

Thanks for sharing; let us know when you have new pictures!!

Erica

Marvin Hlavac 20-04-2003 06:10 AM

First tank photos!!!!

"E. Mito" wrote in message
In article . rogers.com,
"Marvin Hlavac" writes:

[...]

You're right, over the last week I added $88 worth of plants to the 90g
aquarium. I was told the tank looked empty. Now I think it looks better but
according to many people's standards it definitely is not "heavily" planted. I
will add more plants but I've visited all LFS and there is nothing available
that I would like so I have to be patient.

I also added 21 Cardinals a few days ago so I couldn't resist to take a picture
;-)

Marvin

Marlin 20-04-2003 06:10 AM

First tank photos!!!!

[...]

Totally agree. I use Paint Shop Pro7 as well. In particular is the ability
to adjust the gamma levels which affect color rendering. A pic taken in a
tank using 4000K NO flourescents can be adjusted to show what the tank would
look like under 6700K or vice versa.

But, Marvins no slouch even when just borrowing a camera.

Marlin