Old 20-04-2003, 06:11 AM
350X_Rider

Default Easy Balance update

I read a post where someone (cichmagnet) I think was asking about easy
balance by Tetra and how it worked and what the results were...

Well, this is an unscientific result, but thought I'd pass on what I found
out..

I put in the recommended amount just after a water change and waited a week
to see what would change... plants started growing buds and sprouts in the
next 72Hrs, but the water seemed a little yellow... but I figured it was
normal, since what I put in there was yellow.... Well, 3 weeks now and only
1 water change (and one tonite) shows that the plants absolutely love it...
My rotala and crypt is massive since before, and now requires a little
trimming, but I"ll probably leave it alone.....

I don't think I'll let the 6 months pass before cleaning... I'm doing that
tonite....

I read where it adds trace elements to add nourishment to the plants, and it
does.... The pH did however rise a little, but with the addition of some
limestone, I was preparing for that... my pH before was 6.6 pretty much
because of weekly WCs but since the limestone, the pH has gradually risen to
7.2, then 7.4 and now after the easy balance, it's rock solid at 7.8 and has
been there for 4 weeks now.... so something is doing good....

Gonna do some more chemistry checks and report back tomorrow....

--
350X_Rider

"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
whichever is greater, for each violation."

If you do send me unsolicited e-mail I will proof-read it at a rate
of $100 per hour (4 hour minimum).