GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Problem with Python fill shut-off (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/15951-problem-python-fill-shut-off.html)

Bob Alston 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

Problem with Python fill shut-off

Having problems using the Python when filling my tanks. Draining
works slick. The fill problem is using the shut-off while I walk to
the tank. Last time I tried it burst some kind of fitting at the sink
and sprayed water all over the kitchen (luckly the wife was out at the
time).

Anyone else use the shut-off valve when filling? Any tips?

Bob

cindy 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

Problem with Python fill shut-off

I don't use the shut-off at all for that reason - I fill the last
gallon or so by hand. How do you dechlorinate your water while
filling? I add a bunch of chlorine remover to the tank before
starting the refill and let it run in slowly - but I wonder how much
of a chlorine dose my fish get.

Cannibul 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

On 16 Nov 2002 23:39:22 GMT, oSpam (LeighMo) wrote:

Anyone else use the shut-off valve when filling? Any tips?

It might help if you switch to brass fittings. They are sturdier and tighter
than the plastic. You can buy brass replacement parts for a few bucks from
your LFS, or online places like Big Al's.

Leigh

You can also get the brass part at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Robin Pereira 20-04-2003 06:12 AM

Problem with Python fill shut-off

Hi Bob:

I don't close the valve at the tank. When I have drained enough water I go
to the sink and close the drain valve at the sink so that the water reverses
direction. I found that the pressure buildup with the tank valve shut off
does cause problems at the sink end and I was concerned that I would have
your experience.

Robin P.

om...

Aquatic-store.com 20-04-2003 06:13 AM

Problem with Python fill shut-off

Initially do not have the pressure turned all of the way up. Make
sure the fitting in the faucet as well as the one attached to the
python it on correctly. I prefer to use the copper fitting inside
the faucet,

Marcus

Http://www.Aquatic-Store.com