GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PO4 - Phosphate source? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16169-po4-phosphate-source.html)

Tasslehoff 20-04-2003 06:16 AM

PO4 - Phosphate source?

Would adding sodium biphosphate ie PH down and adding an equal amount of
sodium bicarbonate (PH up) to maintain a balanced PH increase the phosphate
level of my aquarium I require to increase algae growth for my otos or
should I just add flake food high in phosphates (if there's any around
nowadays) or any other suggestions?

Cannibul 20-04-2003 06:16 AM

PO4 - Phosphate source?

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:56:27 +1100, "Tasslehoff"
wrote:

Would adding sodium biphosphate ie PH down and adding an equal amount of
sodium bicarbonate (PH up) to maintain a balanced PH increase the phosphate
level of my aquarium I require to increase algae growth for my otos or
should I just add flake food high in phosphates (if there's any around
nowadays) or any other suggestions?

My not just get a Fleet Enema and add a few drops? It's a lot
easier to dose.