GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant Temps? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16237-plant-temps.html)

Dustin 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

Plant Temps?

What is the average Temp needed for most plants?

Thanks,

Dustin

SteveG 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

Plant Temps?

Check this website:
www.tropica.dk

They are aquarium plant growers. They have information keys on most plants
that they sell.

Chuck Gadd 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

Plant Temps?

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 01:21:00 -0800, "Dustin"
wrote:

What is the average Temp needed for most plants?

Most of the common aquatic plants do great at "normal" tropical fish
temps, say 75-82. As you get over 82, some plants have problems,
while some do ok.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

Jason Judkins 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

Plant Temps?

Plants in general prefer cooler temperatures, but can survive well with
temps up to about 80degrees F... In fact, I have a 29 gal tank in my
backyard that has a combo of tank/rain water in it that I use to regenerate
my plants that start to look sickly in my tank... the temp of this outside
tank is about 50degrees F.

The rule of thumb is not to get plants too warm, cooler temps do better for
them.