GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aquatic fungus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16304-aquatic-fungus.html)

SLEngst 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

Aquatic fungus

Recently, someone identified a colorless translucent glop I once had in my tank
as a type of fungus. I thought I saved the response. Guess I lost it. And I
thought I got rid of the glop. Well, its back. Does the person who identified
it know what is the solution for getting rid of it?

Thanks so much,
Sharon

Charles 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

Aquatic fungus

On 13 Jan 2003 17:25:00 GMT, (SLEngst) wrote:

Recently, someone identified a colorless translucent glop I once had in my tank
as a type of fungus. I thought I saved the response. Guess I lost it. And I
thought I got rid of the glop. Well, its back. Does the person who identified
it know what is the solution for getting rid of it?

Thanks so much,
Sharon

If I had it to get rid of, I would reach in, pick it up, and throw it
away. The most common cause for fungus like that is over-feeding.

_

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others

SLEngst 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

Aquatic fungus

The "glob" is more filmy and is all over all the plants. The last time it
appeared it was like out of nowhere. This time it was preceeded by some small
black or gray globs on the plants (2 - 3 mm.) which were "pearling" but I don't
know what gas. The black or dark gray (or dark some color) little blobs can be
swished or rinsed off the plants and I have no idea what they are. Today that
tank when very cloudy. I've done successive 50% water changes and may have to
do something more drastic. The fish in this tank aren't overfed. Until I
started dosing with N P K per instructions, the water in the tank registered
virtually zero Nitrates and close to that on Phosphates.