GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   basic aquarium plant fertilizer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16312-basic-aquarium-plant-fertilizer.html)

LM 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

basic aquarium plant fertilizer

Hi,

I'm getting set up for some low to medium light plants in my aquarium.

can someone recommend me a well-rounded fertilizer that I can use? liquid
form is preferable although I understand it may not be good enough for some
plants (like amazon sword..). Also if a general guideline if offered (how
much per gallon, etc) would be helpful. I think I'll be getting about 16
plants of various kinds (through trueaquariumplants.com)

thanks!

linda

ps. I'm still working on the lighting, so plant won't arrive for a while..

Joachim Laufer 20-04-2003 06:17 AM

basic aquarium plant fertilizer

Hello Linda,
if you have any contacts to germany, try to get
fertilizer from www.drak.de (FERRDRAKON).
Cheers Joachim

In article , says...

--
Joachim Laufer
Kirchzarten

HP
http://home.t-online.de/home/joachim.laufer/

Mentaloid 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

basic aquarium plant fertilizer

I would recommend Seachems flourish - it's pretty concentrated and very
cheap, but does an excellent job of plants growth. I was using tropica
master grow and was getting a lot of algae, then switched to flourish and
the plants are happier with less algae. $10 Canadian will buy you enough to
dose a 90 gallon for 3 months at mops.ca (500ML)

SteveG 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

basic aquarium plant fertilizer

Seachem Flourish -- is it a FERTILIZER?

I have it the refridgerator. I have yet to open it. I bought it during
Boxing day sale over at Big Al's (25% off) planning to use it as a
supplement to TMG.

350X_Rider 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

basic aquarium plant fertilizer

I've used it for over a year, with great results, no algae to speak of...
well... not much....

Chuck Gadd 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

You can check out the full details over at www.seachem.com

It's a trace element fertilizer. It contains no nitrates or
phosphates, and only trace amounts of potassium.

It doesn't contain as much iron as is needed in most tanks, which is
why they sell a seperate Flourish Iron....

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

SteveG 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

basic aquarium plant fertilizer

The old packaing says,"Flourish - Water Supplement for the Natural
Aquarium." And on the description, "A NON-FERTILIZER for ..."

I guess it's the old packaging. It's kinda confusing.

Chuck Gadd 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:54:03 -0800, "SteveG" wrote:

The old packaing says,"Flourish - Water Supplement for the Natural
Aquarium." And on the description, "A NON-FERTILIZER for ..."

I guess it's the old packaging. It's kinda confusing.

It's probably because of government requirements on any "fertilizer".
If you call it a fertilizer, you need to deal with lots more
government regulation.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua