GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Freshwater Clams? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16450-freshwater-clams.html)

Dustin 20-04-2003 06:21 AM

Freshwater Clams?

I found some on ebay:

I guess my question is - How will they effect the plants / chemistry?

Anyone have them?

Are they worth it?

Thanks

Dustin

Zach987987987 20-04-2003 06:21 AM

Freshwater Clams?

There is no need to buy clams on-line anyway just go to your local pond or
stream and look for tell-tell signs of things eating them at teh shoreline,
just reach down stur up the silt and feel for anything hard.

Dustin 20-04-2003 06:21 AM

Freshwater Clams?

But arent wild *anythings* prone to disease?

I dont want to infect the tank..

Zach987987987 20-04-2003 06:21 AM

Freshwater Clams?

you could isolatethem, but its only a suggestion, at 5$ a clam it would be
wasteful to buy something that you havent really gotten a idea of how it would
work in your tank.